Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christine Caine! (Part 1)

WOW! Last night I had the privilege of hearing God's word through Christine Caine! She was AMAZING! One thing that struck me like lightening was

James 4:13-17 (NASB)

13Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit."

14Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

15Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that."

16But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil.

17Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.


She hit on the fact that we are here in this moment in time, in this place for a mere vapor when compared with all eternity. I've heard it plenty of times and in fact it's such a cliche when you hear people say live like you were dying yada yada yada yada. But, truly last night it hit me. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. Our life, however short or long is just a blink! SO what am I going to do with the small vapor I have? So many of us, including myself, have plans! Good plans and good goals and then we try to fit God into them! So we have our nice house, car, kids, life and check off our church box on Sunday etc. But what are we (me) really DOING for the kingdom of God????? NOTHING! We are satisfied with being comfortable checking off our church box living our mundane day to day life while the world around us is hurting and dying!

I mean really! In light of eternity, does it matter? Do I have to have the latest and greatest "STUFF" this material world has to offer? When all is said and done, do I want my legacy to be Jessica-A good mom, who loved Jesus, her family, and the Bachelorett but offered NO hope or compassion to hurting or lost friends, neighbors or the world. Her faith was silent without works. Her Children don't know Jesus because she only spoke of Him and did not SHOW them the example of Jesus! NNNNOOOOOO! That is NOT the legacy I want to leave with my vapor of life!

I want to be a daughter of the greatest king who is fully abandoned to HIM and HIS WILL for my life! I want to be selfLESS and giving! I want to "cross the street" and be the compassionate follower! I want to set the Jesus example for my family! I can't do any of that if I'm okay with being comfortable with my easy life!

Well..... I am challenging myself to let God be the GREAT and AWESOME God He is! Who has great plans for my life (if I will let Him lead) who wants to give me more (not material wise) than is beyond my comprehension. I want to really mean the words in the song "Awesome is the Lord Most High" when I sing "Where you send us, God we will go!" Whatever that means and whatever that takes. Whether here, there or somewhere I want to see His plan unfolded in our lives!

There is SO much more to this life than just living and dying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Jess- so glad you got to go!
I so wish I could have been there- I've yet to hear her live. Even Filipe heard her last week at the Willowcreek Leadership Summit.
One day:)

Christie said...

You go, girl! Love it! I'm right there with ya!