Monday, August 23, 2010

ECC Week 2 in Review

So...2 wks are gone!


I have to say, I think I'm finally in my groove with homeschooling (for now). In my opinion, it takes 2 years to start to kind of know what you're doing. It's probably my opinion b/c that is true for me. LOL! It's like the children know what is expected of them, they know the schedule and the agenda so we just get it done while having fun! I seriously can not even believe how much I am enjoying this journey! If you talked to me a few years ago, I was in tears at the fact that homeschooling was going to be my reality. But, the Lord definitely knows what he is doing! I can't imagine our days any other way! I definitely know homeschooling is not for everyone and I would never want anyone to choose it unless it was something they felt led to, but I'm so thankful I listened to the call the Lord had for our family! Even if I started out kicking and screaming ;-)

THIS WEEK WE LEARNED:

Bible
-How people began to speak other languages
-There is only one God for the whole world
-The good news is for EVERYONE
-Judaism

Geography
-Elevation and depth
-Difference between physical and political maps
-The names and locations of the oceans and continents
-We made and enjoyed our world cake
-Definitions of ocean and ocean ridge
-We reviewed our address and phone #

Science
-Biomes around the world
-Leaf and Bark rubbings
-Nature walk which ended with Joseph getting stung by 3 bees :(
-Oxygen and Water Cycles

Art
-We created paper dolls that were from around the world. Our creative juices were NOT flowing in this project ;-)

Read Aloud
-We started Kingdom Tales (I'm loving this book)

We also have Grammar, Spelling, Spanish, Math, Reading and Music but nothing too interesting to report. We did join a Lego group on Thursday that meets once a month. The kids had a blast. My kids LOVE Legos! What was funny though there was a group of girls playing dolls while Abi and another girl were the only ones playing with Legos. Here are a few pictures from our week.







3 comments:

Anna P said...

I love all your pictures! We are doing ECC too, we just started week 7-Canada. I LOVE this curriculum!

mommagurl32 said...

Great post! We are also doing ECC and I love looking through all the blogs and seeing how the crafts turn out!

Monica said...

Dropping by from the MFW Blog Roll. We are doing Adventures this year. Plan to do ECC next year. I look forward to reading your week by week.
Monica at discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com