Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Goals

I've been thinking about setting goals.... Why???? Sometimes I feel like I go day to day just getting through, doing things on the schedule, but not really working toward anything! So...I decided to set some goals for my self so I can see where I'm going and how far I've come!


Here is what I've come up with...

Physical-Be healthy! How? By making healthy choices every day! It's really not about being a
certain weight or size. It's about living a healthy lifestyle so I can be around a LONG
time for my family. It's about being a good steward of the body I've been given and
taking care of my "temple".

Spiritual-Spend time in the Word daily! It's the bread of LIFE! Be in a small group at all times.

Relational-Date night at least every other week. Couch time at least 15 min. everyday Jose is in
town. Family game night once a week. Weekend get away 2 times before 2010.
Marriage Retreat before 2010.

School- Actually do it! LOL! I crack me up! Since Moses has been born I took 4 wks off and
since then I've done school 2-3 times a week. So...my goal is to finish up Elijah (1st grade) & Abi (K) by the end of summer. I'm actually doing Abrianna K again in the fall.
IMO I think 5 is too young for 1st grade (my 5 yr. old anyways).

Life- Volunteer once a month somewhere (still working the somewhere part out). Go on a
medical mission trip in 2010. Do 2 family outreaches before 2010.

These are my goals for now! Please feel free to hold me accountable! I won't lie to ya =)



3 comments:

Mandy Devine said...

Great goals Jessica! Man, I already look at you and go, "WOW." I don't know how you do all you do. Incredible...I can recommend a marriage conference or two to you and I have a great weekend getaway spot you may want to check out.

The Noy Maker said...

Yes. Please give me suggestions! You know we've been married 8 yrs and have never been to a marriage retreat!? Also, don't be too impressed! These are goals so I'm not there yet! Help keep me accountable!

Renee said...

As a homeschool parent I am always keeping goals in mind for my children and encouraging them to set their own.
In Ministry setting goals for my small team is always in my mind.

Thanks Jess for reminding me I need to set goals for myself as well!!