Monday, June 15, 2009

The Glamourous Life!

I was in the process of cleaning junk off the floor of the pantry and then I heard Joseph make a noise and his entire mac and cheese bowl with all of the mac and cheese was scattered all over the floor! I went back to the pantry and bent down to sweep up the junk I had left and notice a full wet diaper behind the dog food! My first thought was "How long has THAT been sitting there creating the "fresh" aroma in the pantry?!" Then I proceeded to put the diaper in the trash which made the trash completely overflowing! (Seriously, why does my husband insist on not taking the trash out of the can until it is almost touching the ceiling?!) Anyways, I decided to go ahead and do the deed for once! I looked at the bottom! Can you say DISGUSTING!!! (Don't judge me by my trash can please!) That's when I realized in those 5 minutes how "glamourous" my life is! I sat still and pictured me doing all of the mundane daily things to Fergie's song G-L-A-M-OR-OUS! In my head it was hilarious!

All that to say, this morning's quiet time was all about the drudgery of life! How funny. My favorite part was when it said, Drudgery is the test of genuine character. The greatest hindrance in our spiritual life is that we will only look for big things to do. Yet, "Jesus . . . took a towel and . . . began to wash the disciples’ feet . . ." ( John 13:3-5 ) It also said, "Don't always expect God to give you His thrilling moments, but learn to live in those common times of the drudgery of life by the power of God." That was great for me to hear!

1 comments:

Renee said...

The glamorous, the glamorous, glamorous
By the glamorous, ooh, the flossy, flossy


It's true.....Serving in the small things! We have to first be faithfull in those.